Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Level 3 - Post 2 (week 4) Why did you choose this career/study programme?

Write about:

- your dream jobs when you were a child
- other career options that you had at the moment of applying to university
- what made you decide in the end
- your experience at university until now
- the kind of job you would like to have

 > word count: 130 words
 > don't forget to leave comments on 3 of your classmates posts and on your teacher's post as well.

Sample post

Hi, everyone. It's me again and today I'm going to talk about why I chose to study English. When I was a child I lived in England and the United States, so I learned English very early. I also read a lot of books and I wanted to become a writer. When I returned to Chile I also started reading and writing in Spanish. I liked it very much. So when I applied for the university I was thinking of following a degree in languages or education. I thought about studying Spanish or French, but in the end I decided to study English because I felt it was more exciting and fulfilling to work in a foreign language. I also wanted to follow a doctorate in another country, so English was a better choice. Currently I work as an English teacher and I'm quite happy helping people to master a new tongue, which can be quite difficult. I'd like to keep writing and teaching English Literature in the future.

1 comment:

Level 3 >> Post 8 Evaluation of your Blogging Experience

Write about your experience using blogs in the English class. Say: > What you think about the experience in general > How much yo...